Monday, July 17, 2006

Email: 07/17/06 & Team in Training


I just wanted to check in with you guys and give you a quick update. I have been trying to collect my stem cells for the transplant for the last 5 days; it is going a little slower than expected. Tomorrow is my last day of collection and I now head into transplant preparation. Because the stem cell harvesting was a little slower than expected my transplant date was pushed back a bit. I will be having the transplant around August 11th, if all goes well. In the meantime just more doctors appointments.
I also wanted to mention a hero of mine, Lisa Nikolich. Lisa is preparing to run a MARATHON with an organization called Team in Training. For the record previous to this training Lisa was not a runner! She along with other people just like you and me begin training with this organization everyday to help raise money for cancer research. I am honored to team up with Lisa in her effort to help raise money for the Leukemia Lymphoma Society. Please see the attached fundraising letter from Lisa or if you would like to donate now please click on the link below, any help you can give is appreciated! http://www.active.com/donate/tntga/tntgaLNIKOLI My hope is that next year you will be making a donation to help my training efforts – by that time I am sure Lisa will be my trainer!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home