Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Email - Checking in on day 81+

I hope this note finds you and your families happy and healthy preparing for what I am sure is going to be a hectic holiday season.

Thought I would send a quick note and check in with you all. Since I have been back at work I have been able to catch up with a few of you. It is great to be back in the working world and out of the house. I am feeling better everyday and counting down the days until day 100 (19 days left) when all bets are off and the fun begins! I am also looking forward to my hair growing out so I can have a scarf burning party.

I don’t have much to report on the health front. I met with my Dr today and have my 1st set of scans on 11/6. Once we have the results from those scans we will do one of 2 things. 1 – If the scans are clear I will start 28 days of radiation. This is no big deal, 15 mins a day for 28 days. It doesn’t hurt and there are no weird side effects. 2- If the scans show some irregularities then we go back to the drawing board. My doctors and I are positive things will continue heading in a positive direction so, no worries.

On a serious note my grandfather has been diagnosed with lung cancer so if you would all please keep him in your prayers as he begins this journey I would appreciate it.

If I haven’t said it enough – thanks to each of you for your constant support,
Becca

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home